Wednesday 30 September 2009

GFW!

Well today i found out some VERYYY EXCITING news!! I am now representing Heriot Watt University at Graduate Fashion Week attending all the meetings with all the big shots and travelling down to London for free several times a year with the lovely Jade Rodgers. I feel really passionate about this opportunity to promote our university as a thriving fashion hub of creativity and hope my contribution will result in some major progression between our school and fashion week, HOPEFULLY resulting in us showing next year rather than all this exhibiting nonsense!!!

Here are a collection of some of my favourite past winners and exhibitors:







Hannah Taylor, Ravensbourne College of Design and Communication. Her collection of colourful knits and animal prints is perhaps on of my favourite from GFW, the judging panel clearly thought so too as she won the 2008 award for best menswear.





Sarah Benings intestual and muscular creations also stand out as one of my top favourites! Just look at all the work she has put into those knitted plastic jackets. I have to say i am a small bit in love!
However none of these designs are any better than some of the cutting edge talent at our own university and hopefully with some progress we can also show at GFW.

www.gfw.org.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment