Sunday 22 April 2012

ISOLATED HEROES - YOUNG DESIGNER OF THE YEAR NOMINEE @ THE SCOTTISH FASHION AWARDS!





So Friday brought the news that I had been nominated for Young Designer of the Year at the Scottish Fashion Awards!!! To say i was squealing with excitement would be an understatement! I am still so overwhelmed and slightly shaken about being nominated it just proves that anything is possible when you put your mind to it and hard work really does pay off! Only ten months has past since I graduated and completed my degree at Heriot - Watt University and it is slightly insane to be nominated for such a high profile award and to be attending the Scottish Fashion Awards alongside some of my true fashion idols - Louise Gray, Christopher Kane etc. The last ten months have literally been a whirlwind for me since graduating I have set up my own label, moved into not one but two different studio spaces, Opened my online ASOS store selling our RTW line & diffusion pieces and dressed some incredible ladies - Kreayshawn, MC Gaff E, Charli XCX to name but a few and contributed to some of my all time favourite magazines & editorials : i-D, Idol, I love Fake etc. I really feel that this nomination has marked a milestone in my career as an actual designer and just proves how far you can come in a short space of time and that anything really is possible when you are passionate about something. So I would like to say a massive thank you to Tessa Hartmann and the whole Scottish Fashion Awards team. I am actually so excited for the night there are so many phenomnally talented people in attendance, Congratulations & Good Luck to all the nominees!!




No comments:

Post a Comment