Sunday 17 June 2012

SCOTTISH FASHION AWARDS 2012


Our eyeball dress on the red carpet

Jenivieve Berlin Millinery and I arriving on the red Carpet


 So I am definitely getting the award for WORST blogger in the world! Having not made an update in a whole month! But let me tell you the last 4 weeks have been insane so I thought I would start with what’s on my mind right now and work backwards :)

On Monday I was lucky enough to attend the Scottish Fashion Awards being nominated for young designer of the year. The Scottish Fashion Awards are in their seventh year founded by Tessa Hartmann and this years event was hosted by the AMAZZZING Alexa Chung! Walking the red carpet alongside my actual IDOL and most favourite designer in the world Louise Gray was beyond intimidating however I was made to feel at home by the warm nature of all the staff at the Crown Plaza and the other nominees! The awards were so much fun from start to finish and filled with glitz and glamour. Guests received bottles of Moet on arrival at the CrownePlaza where VIPs mingled with Nominees for each category. We were soon ushered through to the Clyde Auditoriam where I was to be seated for the awards ceremony beside my fellow young designer nominees - Hayley Scanlan, Marc Ross, Obscure Couture, Rebecca Torres & Jennifer Morris.



Alexa Chung & Louise Gray arriving on the red carpet

Unfortunately we didn't take home the prize but to be perfectly honest I felt like I had already been awarded the biggest prize in the world being nominated for such a prestigious award. To know that all my hard work over the last year since graduating from Heriot Watt University has been noticed and given recognition from industry experts such as Tessa Hartmann is beyond amazzing! The thought of the SFA judges including Dolly Jones (Editor of Vogue.com), Caroline Rush (CEO British Fashion Council), Sara Maino (Senior Fashion Editor Vogue Italia) and Paula Reed (Style Director of Grazia were looking over my work fills me with pride and As I sat and watched the nominees being called and saw Isolated Heroes projected onto the big screen I couldn’t help but well up with tears. I can't even describe how proud and Excited I felt to see my designs on the runway teamed with Swarovski crystals and the overwhelming feeling that something that was only an idea while I was at Uni last year has formed into a fully fledged business and new design label. I was also absolutely delighted for the Winner Hayley! Also a Dundee girl, Hayleys print work is extraordinary and I honestly couldn’t think of anyone more deserving of the title of Young Designer of the year!


Young Designer of the Year Nominees - Obscure Couture, Isolated Heroes with Accessories Designer Nominees - Jenivieve Berling & Bonnie Bling


Arriving at the Scottish Fashion Awards with Hazel Martin - Wig By Hair For Heroes


Being Interviewed on the Red Carpet

My beautiful Hair for Heroes custom made wig.
My beautiful boyfriend <3

Celebrating with the Family at the Blythswood

The highlight of the whole night for me had to be getting ready at Obscure Couture headquaters with all the other girls catching up and having some Champagne, Getting my hair done by the one and only Lou Clave from Hair for Heroes who created an amazing blue Cyber Barbie Mermaid wig to match our current collection and being beautified by the amazing kaeleigh Wallace who turned me into a Cyber princess. And finally sitting down at the VIP dinner only to be told by the Scottish Fashion Awards head stylist that I MUST go and speak with Alexa Chung as she fell in love with my hand beaded eyeball dress backstage. So having all the chats with Alexa Chung about my designs was completely surreal! What a fantastic night and a MASSIVE thank you to Tessa Hartmann and team for inviting us along to the awards. I am already so excited to get back to work and on with a new collection that will hopefully grace us with attending the awards again next year.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much Sam! Thats so nice of you! Best night EVERRRRRRRR!! :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete